Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] a68 supression ferrites offsetting compass - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] a68 supression ferrites offsetting compass (/showthread.php?tid=7117)

[CA11] a68 supression ferrites offsetting compass - rlschmidt - 12-29-18 06:36 PM

I just installed an a68 display in my console and the ferrites are offsetting my compass. Is there a way of shielding them, and/or are they absolutely necessary?

RE: [CA11] a68 supression ferrites offsetting compass - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-31-18 10:03 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bob,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. RF suppression ferrites are simply magnets and it would most certainly be expected that they may create deviation if located with 3' of a compass. These ferrites are provide to suppress RF emissions from the MFD. The RF suppression ferrites are commonly not installed unless RF interference is detected within the vessel's radios (VHF, SSB, FM stereo, etc.).

RE: [CA11] a68 supression ferrites offsetting compass - rlschmidt - 01-03-19 01:05 PM

OK thanks Chuck, and happy new year.

I will remove them and see if I can get away without them.

RE: [CA11] a68 supression ferrites offsetting compass - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-07-19 09:38 AM

You're welcome.