Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? (/showthread.php?tid=7217)

[CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? - nicksterFL - 01-14-19 10:45 AM

I downloaded the latest software update, and since then the MFD crashes and restarts when I open the "Dashboard" view to see engine data.

The website shows latest version is: v3.7.70
However, after installed, it shows: v3.8.97

I downloaded from here:
http://www.raymarine.com/software-updates/mfds/lh3/axiom-axiompro/

Did I somehow get the wrong version that's causing the issue?

RE: [CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-14-19 02:32 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Nick

You didn't do anything incorrectly, nor did you get the incorrect version of LightHouse 3 software. LightHouse 3 v3.8.97 is indeed the latest version of LightHouse 3 software. This posted version is currently the version of LH3 software which will be downloaded when one attempts to download software updates via the MFD's Wi-Fi communications interface or when one attempts to download them from the corresponding Raymarine software update web page to one's computer. Unfortunately, the corresponding web pages have not yet been updated to reflect this release, but are expected to be updated very shortly. Similarly, the LightHouse 3 Operations Guide posted on Raymarine's website should soon be updated to reflect the changes included within the LightHouse 3 software update.

Regarding the crash problem, is your vessel equipped with a digital switching system, and if so has your MFD been interfaced to it? Also, is the problem being encountered with an Axiom, Axiom Pro, or Axiom XL MFD. Finally, is the symptomatic MFD the system's Data Master MFD, or is a slave?

RE: Axiom Software 3.8.97? - Devocean - 01-15-19 09:18 PM

Same issue Chuck.. have pushed it to Paul... it seems it may not be isolated issue.

RE: [CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-16-19 02:29 PM

All,

I have verified that my Axiom MFD which is a slave to my Axiom Pro S is experiencing the reported symptom following the software update to LightHouse 3 v3.8.97. I initially encountered this problem after updating the MFD's via Wi-Fi. In an attempt to correct this symptom with my slave Axiom MFD, I then downgraded the software within both MFDs to LightHouse 3 v3.7.70, performed a Factory Reset, and then updated the software within the MFDs from the Axiom Pro MFD via a microSD card which had been populated with software downloaded from the LightHouse 3 for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL Software Update web page. The Axiom Pro MFD reported "FAIL" shortly after each attempt to update the slave Axiom MFD. The microSD memory card containing the software updates was then moved to the slave Axiom MFD's reader, permitting the MFD's software to be updated. After doing so, the slave Axiom MFD continued to cyclically reboot.

This problem has been reported to Raymarine's Engineering Team to seek correction. In the interim, should this symptom be encountered, then it would be recommended that the software within the networked MFDs be downgraded to LightHouse 3 v3.7.70 until such time as this problem has been addressed. At that time, this post will be updated accordingly.

RE: [CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? - ChilliHeat - 01-28-19 09:26 PM

Chuck,
Your information is invaluable. I am having similar problems with the upgrade from 3.7.70 to 3.8.97 on an ES128 MFD. Black screen and rebooting then freezing when trying to access the charts page.

I tried downloading the file you stated by following your link to the 3.7.70 .iso ile at the end of your post but get the message “This shared file or folder has been removed.” Be grateful if you could point me to another location for the file so I can down grade.

Cheers

RE: [CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-29-19 11:21 AM

Steve,

The LightHouse 3 v3.7.70 for eS/gS-Series MFDs may be found here.

RE: [CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? - mberglund - 01-29-19 07:22 PM

Chuck,

Same problem with the download link you posted for version 3.3.70. The link downloads to an outdated Roxio DVD burner software program which requires you to burn it to a DVD and then transfer. Do you have a link to a download of the update that can be transferred directly to a micro SD card? Just to confirm this file is for the es128 rather than the Axiom. Its a lot larger than the original :)

Mark

RE: [CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-30-19 10:14 AM

Mark,

Please note that this thread contains two links to LH3 v3.7.70. The first is for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs. The second (see my last post) contains a link for the eS/gS-Series MFDs.

Regarding "downloads to an outdated Roxio DVD burner software program" this response will commonly occur if the one selects to run a downloaded .iso file upon completion of the download or double clicks on the file. When an .iso file download has completed, then the computer's File Explorer feature would typically be used to browse to the Downloads folder where the .iso file was saved to. One need simply right click on the file, select copy or cut, then browse to the root level directory of the microSD memory card, where the file will be pasted.

NOTE: should one download a file one than once, then the character string "(x)" will be appended to the filename of the subsequent downloads; x will increment with each additional downloaded instance of the file. Please note that .iso files having this character string appended to the file's name will be ignored by the MFD. Accordingly, either copy the first downloaded .iso file (i.e. that which lacks the aforementioned character string) or edit the .iso file's filename to remove this character string.

RE: [CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? - ChilliHeat - 01-30-19 06:21 PM

Chuck,

Thanks so much for the second Link. Downloaded and downgraded? Excellent support as per usual.

Thank you so much for your help - now it’s time to go sailing!
Cheers

RE: [CA11] Axiom Software 3.8.97? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-31-19 08:50 AM

You're welcome.