Raymarine forum
[LW] [LW11] Radome Doppler or Magnum array - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Radar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+--- Thread: [LW] [LW11] Radome Doppler or Magnum array (/showthread.php?tid=7295)

[LW11] Radome Doppler or Magnum array - shines - 01-25-19 10:17 PM

I am looking at either the radome poplar or the Magnum array. I am boating on a inland lake so range is not a priority for now. I will be hopefully moving to Lake Michigan in a year or two. Range may be nice then but not sure if it’s that necessarily is needed. Any input?

RE: [LW11] Radome Doppler or Magnum array - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-28-19 08:53 AM

Dear shines,

Thank you for your query.

Both of these radars offer very different functionality, the choice is entirely dependent on what you are using the radar for.

The Quantum 2 Doppler displays targets moving away or towards you in green or red using Doppler technology. You have the added benefit or it being a much light unit compared to our previous radomes along with wireless abilities.

The Magnum array offers a much more defined image and range, ideal for things like bird mode when hunting for fish. The Magnum tends to be slightly more on the weight side than the Quantum 2 radome.

What vessel are you installing the radar on and what use are you looking to get from it?

Many Thanks
Louise

RE: [LW11] Radome Doppler or Magnum array - shines - 01-28-19 11:38 PM

I will be installing on my 52 Sea Ray sedan bridge. I am looking more for target identification. I also want this to be an easy to read screen.

RE: [LW11] Radome Doppler or Magnum array - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-29-19 10:08 AM

Dear shines,

I feel the Quantum 2 doppler will be ideal for your requirements. Having experienced the doppler functionality on the Axiom, the targets are highly visible.

Many Thanks
Louise