Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] CHANGE THE ES127Wi-wifi - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] CHANGE THE ES127Wi-wifi (/showthread.php?tid=7333)

[CA11] CHANGE THE ES127Wi-wifi - maguila - 01-31-19 04:43 PM

Hi . i would like to Change my ES127Wi-wifi ( e70284 na) 600 w.to the new Axiom Pro. I also have inside the cabin a .a95 MDF wi fi. What model should I Choose that will work with the rest of the equipment. I have the Navionics Caribean HSD/908P ( hs# 8523510000 ) will it also work with the Axiom Pro ?

Thank's in advance

Rafael Alvarez

RE: [CA11] CHANGE THE ES127Wi-wifi - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-01-19 10:22 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rafael,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated therein, Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs may not be interfaced to an Ethernet network which also includes MFDs running LightHouse II software (i.e. a/c/e-Series MFDs). If adding an Axiom Pro MFD to the system, then it would be recommended that you consider replacing the a95 MFD with your eS127 MFD (updated with LightHouse 3 software) or with an Axiom 9 MFD.

RE: [CA11] CHANGE THE ES127Wi-wifi - maguila - 02-04-19 04:47 PM

If it can not be connected to the a95 inside the cabin with the ethernet cable would it be possible to work with both equipments conected with sea talk and ng as I have now?

RE: [CA11] CHANGE THE ES127Wi-wifi - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-04-19 05:03 PM

maguila,

While it would indeed be possible to interface both the a95 MFD and Axiom Pro MFD to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, the MFDs would be unable to share cartography, radar, fishfinder, SiriusXM Satellite Weather/Radio, IP video, thermal camera imagery/control, and waypoints/route/tracks with one another via the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Communications would be limited GPS data, instrument data, navigational data, system state data, etc. (i.e. data item whose values may be communicated as character strings or numbers).