Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Updating eS MFDs to LH 3.8.97 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Updating eS MFDs to LH 3.8.97 (/showthread.php?tid=7334)

[CA11] Updating eS MFDs to LH 3.8.97 - Istream - 01-31-19 06:55 PM

I downloaded the LightHouse 3.8.97 update for my eS128, which includes both a "raymarine_atom-3.8.97.upgrade.iso" file as well as a "ray_mfd_AtomCartographyRX5v1_22.upgrade.iso" file. There's a note in the zip file that says, "Add each ISO file onto a seperate uSD card - otherwise they will not install correctly".

I put the 3.8.97.upgrade file on the SD card in the upper slot and put the cartography file on the SD card in the lower slot. The card for the cartography file also contains my Navionics charts.

The software update to 3.8.97 went fine but it's unclear whether the system performed the cartography update. Can you tell me if I did anything wrong and, if not, how to confirm that the cartography update completed successfully?

Thanks.

RE: [CA11] Updating eS MFDs to LH 3.8.97 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-01-19 10:43 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Istream,

It would have been typically recommended that the same microSD memory card be used for both updates, rather than using one's chart card. When performing an update, only one microSD memory card should be present within the MFD's memory card reader. Accordingly, it would have been recommended that the chart card have been removed from the MFD's memory card read, that the microSD memory card containing the raymarine_atom-3.8.97.upgrade.iso file be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader, and the the MFD's software be updated to v3.8.97. After doing so, the microSD memory card containing the raymarine_atom-3.8.97.upgrade.iso file would be removed from the MFD's memory card reader, the microSD memory card containing the ray_mfd_AtomCartographyRX5v1_22.upgrade.iso file would be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader, and then the MFD's basemap would then be updated accordingly. Should the command Check Card for Updates not indicate that any updates are available when the microSD memory card containing the ray_mfd_AtomCartographyRX5v1_22.upgrade.iso file is present within the MFD's memory card reader, then it would indicate that this update has already taken place.

When properly updated, the Rx5 base map version specified within the MFD's diagnostics (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO) should specify 1.22-00029.

RE: [CA11] Updating eS MFDs to LH 3.8.97 - Istream - 02-01-19 06:14 PM

That did the trick, thanks Chuck!

RE: [CA11] Updating eS MFDs to LH 3.8.97 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-01-19 07:33 PM

You're welcome.