Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Two "why" questions about RayControl - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Two "why" questions about RayControl (/showthread.php?tid=7396)

[CA11] Two "why" questions about RayControl - Cp111 - 02-07-19 07:45 PM

Not expecting a solid answer here but here goes:

1) RayControl is available for iPad but not iPhone. I get that the buttons would be small on a phone but some of the iPhones are pretty large these days. Any chance you can lift this artificial limitation?

2) The one thing I was really hoping I could do with RayControl: make a course correction. But this is explicitly prohibited, at least with my setup. Why? There are other options for remote control, so it isn't that. Clearly it is not a technological thing. Can we get that restriction removed also?

Thanks
Chris

RE: [CA11] Two "why" questions about RayControl - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-08-19 10:59 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

Thanks for the product feedback. Indeed, the screen sizes of some smartphones have grown significantly since the introduction of Raymarine's Mobile apps. A feature request will be considered to permit RayControl to be installed onto smartphones meeting the minimum screen size requirement currently required for tablets. A feature request will also be submitted to consider support for autopilot control via Raymarine's mobile apps.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.

RE: [CA11] Two "why" questions about RayControl - Cp111 - 02-08-19 11:27 AM

Excellent, thank you!

RE: [CA11] Two "why" questions about RayControl - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-08-19 12:24 PM

You're welcome.