Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Adding refurbished eS98 to existing eS127 network - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Adding refurbished eS98 to existing eS127 network (/showthread.php?tid=7421)

[CA11] Adding refurbished eS98 to existing eS127 network - hynespa - 02-11-19 02:12 PM

Hi Raymarine,

Please see attached my current marine network wiring for both SeaTalk 1 / SeaTalk NG /NMEA 2000 setup (page 1) as well as current NMEA0198 wiring (page 2).

I am looking at a refurbished eS98 from the Raymarine store. I would add this as a second display next to the existing eS127 MFD display. Here are my questions:

1) What is the simplest way to add the eS98 to this network?

2) Would the eS98 be able to interface with everything the eS127 could interface with?

3) Would the eS127 need to be powered on in order for the eS98 to see anything?

4) Given the existing display is a eSxx7 series and the other one would be an eSxx8 series - I believe that means one is DownVision and the other is CHIRP? Would there be a difference in how the eS127 vs the eS98 interface / display the sonar images from my existing transducer?

Thanks!

RE: [CA11] Adding refurbished eS98 to existing eS127 network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-11-19 04:50 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

Q1) What is the simplest way to add the eS98 to this network?
A1) In order to correctly interfaced the eS98 MFD to the eS127 MFD, the two MFDs should be interfaced via Ethernet network. Fortunately, the eS127 MFD has two Ethernet Network communications sockets and only one is presently in use. Accordingly, the eS98 may be simply interfaced to the system by interfacing one of its Ethernet Network sockets to the presently unoccupied Ethernet Network socket of the eS127 MFD via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q2) Would the eS98 be able to interface with everything the eS127 could interface with?
A2) Yes ... and no additional connections to the eS98 MFD need be made other than those specified in my response to Q1.

Q3) Would the eS127 need to be powered on in order for the eS98 to see anything?
A3) Yes. Should it be desired to run the eS98 alone, then additional networking components would be required to include a HS5 RayNet Network Switch and to interface both MFDs to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q4) Would there be a difference in how the eS127 vs the eS98 interface / display the sonar images from my existing transducer?
A4) Negative.