Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] garmin plotter and raymarine evo pilot - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] garmin plotter and raymarine evo pilot (/showthread.php?tid=7484)

[CA11] garmin plotter and raymarine evo pilot - relentless - 02-19-19 09:08 PM

hey im preparing to roll back my evo autopilot gear im running the garmin 720p plotter with gnx10 garmin wired Gwind, due to it not following autotrack feature. but I was told to have things updated to correct a wind vane track issue last july between the garmin wind transducer and the raymarine autopilot during wind tack mode

I have now seen in the FAQ found here to roll the software back.

RE: [CA11] garmin plotter and raymarine evo pilot - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-20-19 04:32 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Relentless,

Please review the updated FAQ on this subject (use the link added within your initial thread) for the latest recommendations.

RE: [CA11] garmin plotter and raymarine evo pilot - relentless - 02-23-19 11:41 AM

so to be clear, am I correct in assuming that Raymarine is not advising the software rollback? which was previously advised

I keep my current updated software on my
P70 - v3.07
EV1 - v3.01
ACU-100 - v2.23

instead, I purchase the Actisense NGW-1 , set the Garmin GPSMAP720p plotter to nmea0183 (not nmea2000), connect the Actisence NGW-1 and use that to convert to nmea2000?

this will correct the issue and leave my evolution autopilot up to date?
please advise if this is the correct process before I purchase the gateway to rectify the situation.

Best Regards
Colin!

RE: [CA11] garmin plotter and raymarine evo pilot - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-25-19 09:29 AM

Colin,

Q1. Raymarine is not advising the software rollback?
A1. Correct. This is indeed what the FAQ has specified.

Q2. instead, I purchase the Actisense NGW-1 , set the Garmin GPSMAP720p plotter to nmea0183 (not nmea2000), connect the Actisence NGW-1 and use that to convert to nmea2000?
A2. Correct.

Q3. this will correct the issue and leave my evolution autopilot up to date?
A3. correct.