Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Adding RMK-10 Keyboard to two axiom 9’s already networked. - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Adding RMK-10 Keyboard to two axiom 9’s already networked. (/showthread.php?tid=7518)

[CA11] Adding RMK-10 Keyboard to two axiom 9’s already networked. - Wstandis - 02-25-19 11:28 AM

I currently have two Axiom 9’s. One has the transducer capability and the other does not. I networked them together using a raynet cable so I can leverage the same transducer across both units. Overall I love these units but there are times where I wish I had knobs. I am looking to install the RMK-10 remote keyboard but not sure how I can do this since I am already using my network ports on the Axioms.

Do I need to also buy a network switch or sea talk?

RE: [CA11] Adding RMK-10 Keyboard to two axiom 9’s already networked. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-25-19 11:37 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Wstandis,

The RMK-9/10 Remote Keyboards are designed to communicate with compatible MFDs via Ethernet communications. Axiom MFDs each feature a single Ethernet Network (RayNet) communications interface, permitting them to be interfaced to one other compatible device having an Ethernet Network communications interface. Should the MFD need to be interfaced to additional devices having an Ethernet Network communications interface (ex. RMK-9/10), then a HS5 RayNet Network Switch will need to be installed within the system. After doing so, the Ethernet Network (RayNet) communications interface of each MFD and RMK-9/10 would be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

RE: [CA11] Adding RMK-10 Keyboard to two axiom 9’s already networked. - Wstandis - 02-25-19 07:03 PM

As usual chuck. Thanks. Any major differences between the rmk 9&10?

RE: [CA11] Adding RMK-10 Keyboard to two axiom 9’s already networked. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-26-19 07:26 AM

Wstandis,

Q. Any major differences between the rmk 9&10?
A. Negative. The RMK-10's UniController and buttons are more akin to those found in the eS-Series MFDs and Axiom Pro MFDs, while the RM-9's UniController and buttons are more akin to the c/e-Series MFDs. Otherwise, they are the functional equivalent of one another and are interchangeable within a system.

RayNet Networking on eS series with 2 RayNet Ports - mainehunter426 - 02-26-19 01:03 PM

I think this is a reasonable thread?

I am installing 2 new eS series MFD's and want to take advantage of the 2 RayNat ports on each MFD's. I need to research exactly how these RayNet ports can be configured and can find NO information what so ever anywhere. I can not just guess how these 2 sets of ports interact with each other because I need to purchase expensive cables.. SO: Can I Connect an RD418D to the first RayNet port on the below deck MFD and then daisy chain the from RayNet port 2 to RayNet port 1 on the second display? If I can, can either MFD be the MASTER. If this is doable Can I also install an RMK-10 on the free second port on the second machine?

I want to avoid powering a network switch if possible...