Raymarine forum
[DG] [DG11] Axiom Pro No radar AIS target setting - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [DG] [DG11] Axiom Pro No radar AIS target setting (/showthread.php?tid=7676)

[DG11] Axiom Pro No radar AIS target setting - uffdakev - 03-15-19 06:24 PM

I have the Axiom Pro 12 Lighthouse version 3.2.xx that I am setting up. I have AIS fed through a NMEA 0183 radio to port 2. In chart mode I get AIS symbols and complete menu when going to Menu/Targets/AIS. In radar mode I have no targets and the Targets menu has no access to AIS targets. Just Menu/Targets. Do I have some setting turned off?

Kevin

RE: [DG11] Axiom Pro No radar AIS target setting - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-18-19 08:18 AM

Hi uffdakev

Thank you for your enquiry.

The current AXIOM software is 3.8.105, since the software in your unit many new features have been added and enhanced AIS display is one of them, we recommend that you update the software in your MFD

This link here will help .

regards
Derek

RE: [DG11] Axiom Pro No radar AIS target setting - uffdakev - 03-18-19 06:18 PM

Thanks the update solved this problem. It surprises me that people with LightHouse 2 through 3.2 didn't have the ability to have AIS targets on their Radar displays. My C90W was able to have AIS targets in both Chart and Radar mode.
Kevin

RE: [DG11] Axiom Pro No radar AIS target setting - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-19-19 10:16 AM

Hi uffdakev

Thank you for your feedback.

The AIS overlay functionality was not available in earlier versions of Lighthouse 3 software, it was one of the features added once the AXIOM and Lighthouse 3 had been launched.

Regards

Derek