Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Help updating SR100 software - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Marine Weather / Satellite Radio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Help updating SR100 software (/showthread.php?tid=7699)

[CA11] Help updating SR100 software - tmitchell5188 - 03-19-19 05:29 PM

I'm trying to update the software in MY SR100. Without the update, I cannot get the Sirius radio to work on my SR100. I downloaded the latest version, and unzipped it on to a CF card. I tried a 64MByte and a 2GByte card and I get the same result.

I install the CF card with the power off.

Power on the E120 classic

Press upgrade remote unit

Press upgrade via ethernet

This is where I'm having a problem. The pop up comes up and the status bar goes across the screen. Then I get back to the original screen. And I don't get the message to reboot, then I get the blue screen of death showing the watchdog timer timed out.

I've tried this with 2 different CF cards and I get the same result. Anyone know a work around? I called tech support and they tell me to send it in to Raymarine for upgrade. I would only want to do that as a last resort.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RE: [CA11] Help updating SR100 software - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-20-19 08:52 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tmitchell5188,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject, as it not only applies to updating the MFD's software, but also to updating the software of any networked products to be updated via an A/C/E-Series Classic MFD. The symptom reported generally associated with a CF memory card which is not compatible with the MFD's boot loader ... hence the blue screen of death.

RE: [CA11] Help updating SR100 software - tmitchell5188 - 03-22-19 08:08 PM

I looked at the FAQ and the link for the place to purchase the cards, and the link doesn't work. So I called tech support and they want me to sent it back for service.

So I bought a used module off of Ebay and I now have the audio screen on the menu. I'm trying to get sound out of it. Is there some configuration that enables the output? The mute feature seems to be working. Now I'm trying to figure out if it's the stereo it self or the SR100.

Thanks

RE: [CA11] Help updating SR100 software - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-25-19 10:04 AM

tmitchell5188,

Other than ensuring that the SR100 has been updated with SDR200707152118, that a Sirius Satellite Radio subscription has been placed for the SR100's ESN associated with Satellite Radio, there are no additional configuration settings which need be made. You may want to try testing the SR100 with a set of powered speakers to verify that its audio port is operational.

RE: [CA11] Help updating SR100 software - tmitchell5188 - 03-26-19 07:09 PM

I've determined that my audio receiver isn't working on the AUX inputs. Time to buy a new stereo.

I did notice that sometimes the sirius weather comes right in, and other times it takes a long time lock in on the sirius satellite, and thus, no Sirius radio either.

Is their a battery in the Sirius antenna that needs replaced or does the sirius antenna have a fixed lifespan?

RE: [CA11] Help updating SR100 software - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-27-19 07:59 AM

tmitchell5188,

Q. I did notice that sometimes the sirius weather comes right in, and other times it takes a long time lock in on the sirius satellite, and thus, no Sirius radio either. Is their a battery in the Sirius antenna that needs replaced or does the sirius antenna have a fixed lifespan?
A. The Sirius antennas do not feature a battery. However the transmitted satellite signal is relatively weak and accordingly, the Sirius antenna must be installed where it must have an unobstructed view of the skies overhead. I have seen instances where the antenna is installed on the rail or other hull surface where a person seated next to the antenna will cause significantly reduced signal receptions. It has been my experience that if the receiver is reporting a signal strength which is anything other than 3 bars, then satellite weather will be slow to update and satellite radio will cut in and out.

RE: [CA11] Help updating SR100 software - tmitchell5188 - 04-01-19 07:57 PM

I have a SR100 with the new software. I bought a new cable. And I bought a new stereo. Still no audio. So, I'm thinking either the cable that I received is defective, or the audio output of the SR100 module isn't actually outputting audio.

So I have a second module that I have that I could not get the new software to load. So I would like to send it in to get the software updated.

Do you have a schematic of the cable so I can test continuity between the 4 pin black cable on the SR100 to the RCA phono jacks?

Thanks

RE: [CA11] Help updating SR100 software - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-02-19 08:49 AM

tmitchell5188,

Unfortunately, we don't have a SR100 cable to permit us to quickly pin it out. We'll have to look through the archives of this legacy product to determine whether we can locate a wiring diagram for the SR100/SR50 Audio Cable. If/when the diagram is located this post will be updated accordingly.