Raymarine forum
View Pitch & Roll Data on MFD - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: View Pitch & Roll Data on MFD (/showthread.php?tid=771)

View Pitch & Roll Data on MFD - jeokeefe@gmail.com - 05-08-16 01:14 PM

i noted that the Evolution autopilot is broadcasting Pitch + Roll data on the Seatalk network. Is there a way to display this data on the MFD or instruments?

RE: View Pitch & Roll Data on MFD - Steve - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-09-16 08:22 AM

It doesn't output pitch data, but it does output roll. You can put that information up on the MFD as a databox called Tilt.

RE: View Pitch & Roll Data on MFD - jeokeefe@gmail.com - 05-09-16 03:00 PM

I confirmed with "N2K Analyzer" That the EVO autopilot is indeed reporting (accurate) pitch data. However I can't seem to display this on the MFD. Your reply stated that pitch was *not* being sent, but it is indeed in the N2K data package. If the i70 doesn't support displaying it, can you please add a feature request? It would seem to be a very simple add.

RE: View Pitch & Roll Data on MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-10-16 09:09 AM

jeokeefe,

While I don't recall any recent requests for pitch data, probably because it would be a constantly changing value due the sinusoidal nature of ocean waves, your feature request has been logged accordingly to be considered for inclusion within a future a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update as well as well as within future MFD designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.

RE: View Pitch & Roll Data on MFD - jeokeefe@gmail.com - 05-10-16 10:18 AM

The logic for including it (regardless of wave fluctuation) it is that it would greatly assist in balancing weight distribution in the boat as the manufacturer (in my case) states a 4 degree optimal pitch at cruise, would be helpful to see based on load and trim tab position what is the actual value.

RE: View Pitch & Roll Data on MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-10-16 12:16 PM

Noted.