Raymarine forum
[CA11] Can a P70R autopilot follow a trail with a a98 maltidisplay unit - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA11] Can a P70R autopilot follow a trail with a a98 maltidisplay unit (/showthread.php?tid=7737)

[CA11] Can a P70R autopilot follow a trail with a a98 maltidisplay unit - Coachdonbob - 03-24-19 06:28 PM

I have a P70R power head with a Evolution EV1 sensor core Autopilot ,a98 multifunction display and a Quantum radar.
The auto will fallow a route ,but will not fallow a trail .
I want to use for fishing but can't seem to get it to fallow fishing trail that I made earlier
Can I make this happen thanks
Don

RE: [CA11] Can a P70R autopilot follow a trail with a a98 maltidisplay unit - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-25-19 03:43 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Don,

When interfaced to a compatible chartplotter/MFD, Raymarine's autopilots are designed to support tracking (i.e. Track mode) to a waypoint or follow a route. Raymarine systems are not designed navigate/follow tracks (bread crumb trails). Routes may be created manually and systems running the latest LightHouse 3 / II software using C-Map or Navionics cartography having active subscriptions support automatically generated routes. While Raymarine MFDs support creating a route from a track, it is strongly recommended that the resulting route follow the desired path.