Raymarine forum
[DG] [DG11] Tacktick Hull Transmitter - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [DG] [DG11] Tacktick Hull Transmitter (/showthread.php?tid=7849)

[DG11] Tacktick Hull Transmitter - Sailingjeff - 04-04-19 10:33 AM

Hi,
Hoping you can help me with a Depth issue.

I have a Tacktick Speed/Depth/Wind system. The depth reading was playing up giving odd readings so I replaced the Triducer with a new Raymarine one. All is connected but I now have no depth, just three bars on the display. Speed is still showing and working, as is the wind.

Is it possible the batteries need replacing in the Hull Transmitter ? or does this sound like something more complex in the unit and it will need repair ?

Kind regards and thanks in anticipation.

RE: [DG11] Tacktick Hull Transmitter - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-08-19 10:40 AM

Hi Sailingjeff

It is possible that the new transducer is taking a little more current than the original transducer was, so connect the red wire from the triducer to the 12v power connection of the hull transmitter box, does this enable operation?

Also replace the batteries in the hull transmitter too, even if 12v is connected, if the batteries are not holding a charge, then this will inhibit operation.

If both options fail, return the hull transmitter for further investigation is the service workshop.

Regards
Derek