Raymarine forum
SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Marine Weather / Satellite Radio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+--- Thread: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package (/showthread.php?tid=798)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Legasea - 06-30-16 03:50 PM

Hi Chuck,

I had a Raymarine tech upgrade the software to v5.69 and I still have the same problem. No wind forecast or N"rad, no marine zone forecast, no wave data. I do get surface temp, storm cast, tropical statements,city weather and buoy data. SR100 S/W version is SDR200604201037/

I was having issues with my signal strength that I thought might be the issue and could not get a high signal so I replaced the antenna with the SRA-50 model and had Sirius send a new signal and now I get a steady high signal but still cannot get the above to work issues to work.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Ken

RE: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-01-16 08:44 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Legasea,

It is quite possible that the reported issue is resulting from old software within your SR100. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

RE: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Legasea - 07-01-16 09:31 AM

My tech said the SR100 update above was only a radio update and he even called tech support and was told it was not necessary.

Either way I bought an adapter card from west marine that you insert a mini SD card into that is used for the older E-Series Classic (can't find a compact flash card any longer) so I will do the upgrade myself with the instructions you provided. I cannot find 256mb SD cards but have 16gb will the E-Series read it?

One question, will this upgrade erase my way-points, routes and settings like the 5.69 upgrade? I will back them up anyway but just want to know in advance.

Thanks,

Ken

RE: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-01-16 09:42 AM

Ken,

I disagree with the recommendation not to update and that it only address Sirius Satellite Radio. Regarding update to E-Series Classic MFDs or via E-Series Classic MFDs, they cannot be performed via a microSD memory card. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where one may obtain a CF memory card to update software within or via an E-Series Classic MFD.

RE: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Legasea - 07-01-16 10:23 AM

I guess I will return hat then :) I specifically asked him to do it when he did the 5.69 update so I will have him come back. I will let you know the results after that.

Thanks,

RE: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-01-16 10:51 AM

You're welcome. I'd also recommend that you verify the you have subscribed for the SiriusXM Marine Weather Charter subscription, as it is the only subscription which is applicable to the SR100.

RE: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Legasea - 07-01-16 11:04 AM

That is my current subscription. If I just had a CF card my life would be easier since I have a reader/writer in my PC oddly enough and these updates are not complicated and the SW is easy to get. On the flip side getting a tech to your boat takes weeks. I am going to call the company in the link you sent and see if they can add the SR100 SW on it. they seem like they offer it as a service.

RE: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-01-16 11:41 AM

Ken,

I'm certain that Radar Marine can supply the card in a very timely fashion. You may want to volunteer to them a link to the FAQ which I has referenced within this thread so that they may download the SR100 software.

RE: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Legasea - 07-01-16 01:15 PM

Already ordered it from them and I spoke with Rob who is pre-loading putting the SR100 update on it for me. I will use the instructions the forum provided and report back next week. Hoping this takes care of it :)

I really appreciate your support and responsiveness!

RE: SR50-100 / Duel Classic E-Series / Sirius Charter Package - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-05-16 08:54 AM

You're welcome.