Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Seatalk NG Elbow connections - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Seatalk NG Elbow connections (/showthread.php?tid=8028)

[CA11] Seatalk NG Elbow connections - mprestero - 04-24-19 12:14 PM

I have two instruments, an i70 display, and a P70s control head, mounted in a location that is not deep enough for the standard STNG connector plug to be used. I bought an A06042 400mm STNG elbow cable and tried it, but it isn't long enough to reach the 5 way connector where I want to locate it, but close enough that I can squeeze things and make it work. I then saw that A06077 STNG right angle adapters exist, so I got one. It turns out that the sense of these two right angle devices is completely different - the spur cable points down from the connection to the instrument (the keyway in the plug points toward the crotch of the elbow), and the right angle adapter points up (away from the crotch of the elbow). Is there a standard for these elbow connections? Or is there one that points one way, and another the other way? It didn't occur to me that I had to worry about that issue.

Thanks.

Mark

RE: [CA11] Seatalk NG Elbow connections - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-26-19 02:50 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

Unfortunately, it appears that the A06077 STNG right angle adapter was intended for use with products having SeaTalkng socket located within the lower portion of the back side of the product (ex. MFDs, etc.). In this case it would be recommended that the 5-Way Connector be replaced with a pair of SeaTalkng T-Pieces which will be joined to one another via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable to permit the T-Pieces to be located within reach of each A06042 400mm STNG Elbow Cables.

RE: [CA11] Seatalk NG Elbow connections - mprestero - 05-05-19 08:15 AM

Thanks, Chuck.

Mark

RE: [CA11] Seatalk NG Elbow connections - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-06-19 08:58 AM

You're welcome.