Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Accessory port Axiom 12RV - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Accessory port Axiom 12RV (/showthread.php?tid=8081)

[CA11] Accessory port Axiom 12RV - tcoop - 04-30-19 08:39 AM

I wanted to load way points into my new install without using the mSD slot since the Navionics card is there. So I tried connecting an USB stick to a cable plugged into the accessory plug(mUSB B). The unit didn't recognize that anything was plugged in. The wpt file is gpx.

Is the accessory port only usable with the RCR-SDUSB? Thanks toop

RE: [CA11] Accessory port Axiom 12RV - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-30-19 03:38 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tcoop,

Q. Is the accessory port only usable with the RCR-SDUSB?
A. The import feature is designed to retrieve data from a memory card, not from a thumb drive. Should a USB memory card reader be interfaced to the MFD's USB port and a SD card be inserted into the reader, then you may achieve success. Raymarine recommends use of one of its two readers, as they are designed for the marine environment and the sealed connector of each reader's plug will protect the MFD's USB socket from exposure to the marine environment. However, you may also eject the chart card, insert the microSD memory card containing the GPX file, import the data into the MFD's waypoint/route/track memory, eject the microSD data card, and then reinsert your chart card.

RE: [CA11] Accessory port Axiom 12RV - tcoop - 05-01-19 06:24 PM

Thanks Chuck, I appreciate the reply. I will pickup a RCR and give it another try.

RE: [CA11] Accessory port Axiom 12RV - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-02-19 07:55 AM

You're welcome.