Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] ST60 tridata/wind as repeater for i60/i70 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] ST60 tridata/wind as repeater for i60/i70 (/showthread.php?tid=8135)

[CA11] ST60 tridata/wind as repeater for i60/i70 - ereinius - 05-05-19 07:47 AM

Hello,

My old ST60 transducers from 2004 are starting to fail (wind vane and speed/temperature). The "Old" setup is on the first page of the attached presentation.

I was planning to buy i70s System Pack and get new i60 and i70s displays on the Steering Pedestal and move the the ols ST60 displays to the Nav Station inside.

I was wondering would the attached "To be" set up work. I could not find any confirmation if the ST60 Tridata and Wind displays could work in this type of set up.

From power point of view I would have to keep the Autopilot and eS7 powers on to keep this set up working as I understood that you should not power the old SeaTalk bus from two directions.

So to the questions
1. can the ST60 Tridata / Wind be used as repeater? and if yes, would this set up work and if not what would need to changed?
2. Could the "instrument backbone" be powered on it's own, without powering the ST4000+?

Thanks for any help.

RE: [CA11] ST60 tridata/wind as repeater for i60/i70 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-07-19 12:16 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ereinius,

Q1a. can the ST60 Tridata / Wind be used as repeater?
A1a. Yes.

Q1b. if yes, would this set up work and if not what would need to changed?
A1b. It is recommended that the ST4000 and ST60 instruments be interfaced to the system via either of the following two methods:
- option 1: install a second SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter within the backbone. One will be dedicated to the autopilot and the second will be dedicated to the ST60 instruments. See Note below.

- option 2: change the order of the SeaTalk bus daisy chain from ST-STng Converter <-> ST4000 <-> ST60 Tridata <-> ST60 Wind to ST-STng Converter <-> ST60 Tridata <-> ST60 Wind <-> ST4000. See Note below.

Note: For each of the options listed above, when interfacing the ST4000 autopilot to the system, the ST4000 SeaTalk port's power terminal (red) will not be used. This may also be facilitated by cutting the SeaTalk cable which is connected to the ST4000 and then splicing all but its red leads back together. The SeaTalk cable's red leads would be insulated to prevent shorting.

Q2. Could the "instrument backbone" be powered on it's own, without powering the ST4000+?
A2. Yes. Either of the above listed options will permit the system to function in the manner which you have described.

RE: [CA11] ST60 tridata/wind as repeater for i60/i70 - ereinius - 06-05-19 04:01 PM

Hi Chuck,

I did installation per attached setup.

Now I have problem with the ST60 ttidata. It does not show depth. It shows speed and temperature.

I can get depth if I reconnect the old t transducer, but not when using the be transducer via iCT5.

Is there something I need to do?

Robert

RE: [CA11] ST60 tridata/wind as repeater for i60/i70 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-06-19 10:16 AM

ereinius,

You will need to enter the ST60 Tridata instrument's Intermediate Calibration menu and configure the instrument as a Depth repeater.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3129]