Raymarine forum
Display Generator Data - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: Display Generator Data (/showthread.php?tid=816)

Display Generator Data - jeokeefe@gmail.com - 05-14-16 03:19 PM

I have a e127 and a Onan generator broadcasting its engine data over the SeaTalk/NMEA2k network via a maretron J1939/N2k converter. I confirmed using N2kView that the generator is broadcasting its data and is utilizing engine instance "2". the port + starboard engines are instance 0/1 respectively. My third party display is able to see this generator data as "Engine 3", however none of the Raymarine displays are able detect the engine data. I setup the raymarine display for 3 engines and ran through Engine setup and it only detects the volvo engines (port/starboard) and not the generator engine data.

One thing to note, the generator does not broadcast its RPM but has all other engine data (hours, temp, oil pressure, voltage).

RE: Display Generator Data - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-16-16 03:06 PM

jeokeefe,

The Engines Set-up feature is exclusively designed to be used to configure compatible engines which have been interfaced to the system via an ECI-100 and as such would not be applicable to the generator. Other sources of NMEA 2000 engine data are simply repeated by the MFD. I would expect that should your Maretron J2K100 have been properly configured, be transmitting data to the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone, and the MFD have been configured for three engines, then any Data application panel which had been configured to display data from Engine 3 (instance 2) should then display data associated with that engine instance. Troubleshooting should begin by using the NMEA 2000 CAN bus analyzer to verify that the data items which you have specified are indeed present for instance 2. If so, it would be recommended that the MFD's diagnostics features be used to capture/log approximate 30 seconds of SeaTalkng data with all three engines operating. The resulting log may be attached to this discussion for further analysis.

RE: Display Generator Data - jeokeefe@gmail.com - 05-16-16 03:50 PM

I have used N2KViewer to confirm everything you have said. Engine 3 / Id 2 is broadcasting data. However the generator does not broadcast RPM + Fuel Flow Rate. When trying to detect the 3rd engine, Raymarine wont detect it. I suspect it is because there is no RPM data? Either way, the third party display on the network allows you to manually select the engine and properly shows the data.

How can I get Raymarine to detect the engine with no RPM data?

RE: Display Generator Data - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-17-16 10:31 AM

jeokeefe,

Per the prior response, it is recommended that the MFD's diagnostics features be used to capture/log approximate 30 seconds of SeaTalkng data with all three engines operating. The resulting log may be attached to this discussion for further analysis.

RE: Display Generator Data - jeokeefe@gmail.com - 05-19-16 07:44 PM

Attached is 30 seconds of NMEA 2k data, please let me know what you discover.

RE: Display Generator Data - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-20-16 10:46 AM

jeokeefe,

Your log data has been forwarded to Raymarine's engineering team for analysis. This post will be updated upon receipt of the requested analysis.