Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Fishfinder low voltage issue - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Fishfinder low voltage issue (/showthread.php?tid=8188)

[CA11] Fishfinder low voltage issue - Paulo sousa - 05-09-19 02:46 PM

Hi there I recently had a twin set up of raymarine axiom 9 and one of the screens say the voltage is low.
I wanna know where do I connect the bare wire(screen wire ) ? Or is it possible my unit got problems?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2987]

RE: [CA11] Fishfinder low voltage issue - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-10-19 09:02 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Paulo,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing what should be done with a product's drain lead.

The low voltage alert will be generated if the MFD is receiving insufficient power (voltage x current). Insufficient current may result from depleted or weak batteries, or poor electrical continuity within the power and/or ground circuit used to supply power to the MFD. Troubleshooting should begin by inspecting the connections within the power and ground circuits from the MFD, though any power distribution panel, bus bars, etc, to the batteries to ensure that all connections are free of corrosion, tight, and provide good continuity. The vessel should then be connected to shore power, the vessel's batteries should be permitted to achieve a fully charged state, and then while still connected to shore power, the system should be tested. Should the problem persist, then the loaded system voltage being supplied to the MFD should be measured at the MFD's power plug. Should the measured voltage be greater than 10.6 VDC and should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

RE: [CA11] Fishfinder low voltage issue - Paulo sousa - 05-10-19 02:13 PM

Hi there the boat is been at my house for 3 months the batteries tr fully charged and tgey got plenty of life. This is part of my twin axiom 9 set up and they both connected the same way, one works the other has low voltage. This only happens on the fishfinder and other sonar screens because the radar and charts work as they should.
Thanks in advance

RE: [CA11] Fishfinder low voltage issue - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-10-19 03:42 PM

Paulo,

Operating the MFD's fishfishinder place additional load on the system. Please execute the loaded system voltage check at the problematic MFD's power plug as suggested within my initial response to this post. As indicated, should the vessel be connected to shore power, the vessel's batteries should be permitted to achieve a fully charged state, and then while still connected to shore power (in your case a battery charger), the system should be tested. Should the problem persist, then the loaded system voltage being supplied to the MFD should be measured at the MFD's power plug. Should the measured voltage be greater than 10.6 VDC and should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

RE: [CA11] Fishfinder low voltage issue - Paulo sousa - 05-10-19 05:52 PM

I mean I got two batteries on that panel and still the same thing:( I put it on a battery alone and still the same thing. Shouldn’t it be low voltage on everything? It says sounder low voltage.

I guess I gotta send it back

RE: [CA11] Fishfinder low voltage issue - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-13-19 10:44 AM

Paulo,

Q. Shouldn’t it be low voltage on everything?
A. Negative. It may simply mean that the there is poor continuity between the power cable's power and ground leads with the electrical distribution system's power and ground. It is certainly possible that all of the other cables have good connections and the problematic MFD's power cable does not. As indicated previously, the measured loaded system voltage be greater than 10.6 VDC as measured at the MFD's power plug and should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. It is strongly recommended that you perform this voltage measurement to avoid a possible No Fault Found determination by the Product Repair Center.