Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 purchase/install questions - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 purchase/install questions (/showthread.php?tid=8302)

[CA11] Quantum 2 purchase/install questions - Pat T - 05-21-19 10:28 AM

I currently have Axiom MFD installed last year and want to replace an the old Autohelm radar currently on the mast. A few questions: 1) Assuming I purchase the Quantum 2, can I use the existing radar mount? see picture 2) Since there is power going to the current old radar, would I be able to splice into it and attach the Quantum power cord? 3) Assume Quantum 2 radar is compatible with my Axiom MFD that I purchased last year using WIFI as I don't/can't run wires to the MFD at the helm.

RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 purchase/install questions - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-23-19 03:05 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Pat,

Q1) Assuming I purchase the Quantum 2, can I use the existing radar mount? see picture
A1) Yes

Q2) Since there is power going to the current old radar, would I be able to splice into it and attach the Quantum power cord?
A2) Yes.

Q3) Assume Quantum 2 radar is compatible with my Axiom MFD that I purchased last year using WIFI as I don't/can't run wires to the MFD at the helm.
A3) Quantum and Quantum 2 radomes are compatible with all Axiom / Axiom Pro / Axiom XL MFDs.