Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] i60 wind giving incorrect wind data - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] i60 wind giving incorrect wind data (/showthread.php?tid=8474)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [CA11] i60 wind giving incorrect wind data - browerd - 06-20-19 07:40 AM

I purchased a A06049 SeaTalkng Power Cable, I disconnected the i60 from the Seatalkng network and had no power to the network. I powered the i60 from the A06049 SeaTalkng Power Cable connected to a separate circuit (everything else on the boat was off) and ran it as a standalone. It still gave the same results correct for a while and then giving clearly wrong readings. I have returned the network to its original state.

As an aside I did notice the following both when run as both a stand alone and part of the network when the unit is giving "false" reading if I push (2x) the true/app button the readings appear correct for awhile and then after approximately a minute go back to the false readings

RE: [CA11] i60 wind giving incorrect wind data - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-20-19 08:19 AM

browerd,

As the problem has been duplicated outside of the network, I would recommend sending both the i60 and wind transducer to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

RE: [CA11] i60 wind giving incorrect wind data - browerd - 06-22-19 05:43 AM

Thank You I have contacted a rigger to go up my mast to disconnect the transducer. However, when I powered the i60 as a standalone I noticed that it and the p70 were daisy chained together is this acceptable or should they each be connected to a SeaTalkng 5-way connector directly?

RE: [CA11] i60 wind giving incorrect wind data - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-24-19 08:18 AM

browerd,

While no longer considered to be a best installation practice, up to three i50/i60/i70 instruments and p70/p70R autopilot control heads may be daisy chained together within a single spur. The total length of spur cable used to create the daisy chain and then connect to a spur socket within the backbone must not exceed 6m. It is now considered to be a best installation practice to interface each device as an individual spur to the backbone.