Raymarine forum
[DG] [DG11] depth not being displayed continuously - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [DG] [DG11] depth not being displayed continuously (/showthread.php?tid=8730)

[DG11] depth not being displayed continuously - rucanito - 07-01-19 02:24 AM

Hi,
It's my first post here. Sorry if something is wrong.

My ST60 Depth indicator has started showing Depth erratically. When connecting batteries and switching on the electronics in harbour, it takes a couple of minutes to display the Depth. Then during navigation the Depth indication freezes and the "DEPTH" text starts blinking once a second. When Depth goes deeper tan 15meters, the indicator freezes until we go back to an área where Depth is lower.

Where should I start checking?

Thanks in advance

RE: [DG11] depth not being displayed continuously - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-04-19 10:42 AM

Hi rucanito

Thank you for your enquiry and welcome to the forum.

The Depth performance that you have described is typical of the instrument losing comms from the transducer and losing a reliable bottom echo. This can be due to simple issues like fouling of the transducer, could be a failing transducer, damaged cable, poor connections to the instrument or even a failing instrument.

This article found on this link here describes a series of tests to identify the root cause of the issue, you may also find this information helpfull too.

Regards
Derek