Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 overlay on Axiom - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 overlay on Axiom (/showthread.php?tid=8846)

[CA11] Quantum 2 overlay on Axiom - CTBob - 07-10-19 09:14 PM

Replaced my HD 24" dome with a Quantum 2 radar with two Axiom 12" MFDs;RMK-9; EV autopilot, running Lighthouse V3.6. Have radar overlay highlighted on both MFDs, but no overlay shows on the chart. I was always was able to have this feature when I had my HD radar. Was told that that this feature is not available with the Quantum 2 radar. Thanks for your help.

RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 overlay on Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-17-19 11:22 AM

Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Bob,

This feature should indeed be supported as long as the system is receiving a GPS position FIX and the vessel is moving and/or is receiving heading data from the autopilot. Should these conditions have been satisfied, then it would be recommended that the MFD's software be updated and that a Power ON Factory Reset procedure be executed. There were many odd issues related to the LH3 v3.8.x and v3.9.x software, many of which, were corrected through execution of the Power ON Factory Reset procedure. That said, LH3 v3.10.39 was released yesterday. It is recommended that this software be installed on the system's MFDs and that the Power ON Factory Reset procedure then be executed to correct the reported behavior.

Please note that Axiom MFDs have less internal memory than Axiom Pro and Axiom XL MFDs and that their internal memory alone is insufficient to support updating these MFDs via Wi-Fi and/or via another networked MFD. Accordingly, please note that when remotely (i.e. via Wi-Fi and/or via another networked MFD) updating software within an Axiom MFD a microSD memory card having at least 2GB of unused memory must be present within the reader of the MFD which is being updated.