Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Radar Help - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Radar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Radar Help (/showthread.php?tid=8925)

[CA11] Radar Help - Tug Captain - 07-17-19 02:27 PM

Hello,

I have a M92654-S open array, with twin E 120.

I have reviewed your document outlining what radars are compatable with the E series, and it looks like the e 52092 will work.

My question is what challenges will I face in hooking up the new unit. Do I need different cables? Any other thing I should be aware of?

Thanks

RE: [CA11] Radar Help - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-19-19 12:30 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tug Captain,

Are simply seeking to replace the pedestal's antenna array due to damage, or are you seeking a replacement open array radar system for the E120 MFDs? If seeking the latter, please indicate whether the MFDs are presently interfaced to one another via a SeaTalkhs Network Switch.

RE: [CA11] Radar Help - Tug Captain - 07-22-19 10:35 AM

I have twin E-120's and using an open array M92654. The radar unit is not working properly, and sometimes the radar does not spin, or if it does, goes around very fast. I still get the targets showing on GPS. I suspect the motor is shot. The radar cable is plugged into the master E 120.
I have researched the forum and it looks like the RD418 D would work with my E120's.
What type of cable do I need?
Any issues with power or electrical connections?

RE: [CA11] Radar Help - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-22-19 10:59 AM

Tug Captain,

Q1. I have researched the forum and it looks like the RD418 D would work with my E120's.
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the radomes and open array radar pedestals which may be used with the E-Series Classic MFDs. As noted, Digital Radomes (RD218D and RD424D) are no longer being manufactured. If seeking a radome, then it would be recommended that a RD418HD or RD424HD radome be considered.

Q2. What type of cable do I need?
A2. In order to address this question, I will need to know whether a cable is presentl interfaced to the MFD's Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) socket. If so, then I will additionally need to know whether the currently installed system features a SeaTalkHS Network Switch, SR6 Sirius Satellite Weather Receiver / Network Switch, or HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

RE: [CA11] Radar Help - Tug Captain - 07-26-19 01:45 PM

Hi Chuck, It looks like I have the HS5 switch. One last question. Will the RD418D work with Axiom GPS.

RE: [CA11] Radar Help - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-26-19 02:17 PM

Tug Captain,

Please note that Raymarine has not produced a radome having the product name RD418D. The closest product in name would be the RD418HD, which is compatible with both Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs and with E-Series Classic MFD. As the present system features a SeaTalkhs Network Switch, an appropriate length of Digital Radar Cable would need to be chased from the Digital or HD Digital Radome to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.