Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (/showthread.php?tid=8965)

[CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - picant - 07-21-19 07:38 PM

Hi, I just got myself Element 7 and am learning its capabilities. The specification states that it supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but manual does not tell much about those. What are they good for apart from firmware upgrade?

RE: [CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-25-19 01:57 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum picant,

When operating with the latest LightHouse Sport software, WiFi software updates and WiFi communications with Quantum / Quantum II radomes are supported. Raymarine has not yet introduced any LightHouse Sport features which will make use of Bluetooth communications.

RE: [CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - wankykootiepooper - 09-10-19 10:24 PM

Chuck, thanks for the clarification. To be a bit more specific, the wifi on the Element does not allow a tablet or mobile phone to see what is on the screen on the element through an app?

In communications lingo, the Element wifi is only a network client, and does not provide an access point to other devices in the boat that it will share information with and its only used with a wifi AP in your house for updating firmware and communicating with specific other Raymarine devices.

Thanks.

RE: [CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-11-19 07:00 AM

W,

Q1. To be a bit more specific, the wifi on the Element does not allow a tablet or mobile phone to see what is on the screen on the element through an app?
A1. Correct. Raymarine has not yet announced the introduction of a smartphone/tablet app for use in conjunction with Element displays.

Q2. In communications lingo, the Element wifi is only a network client, and does not provide an access point to other devices in the boat that it will share information with and its only used with a wifi AP in your house for updating firmware and communicating with specific other Raymarine devices.
A2. Partially correct ... Element displays are also designed to communicate via Wi-Fi with Quantum and Quantum 2 radomes.

RE: [CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - Ersoy - 01-12-20 12:00 PM

I want to sync with navionics app to element 9, in my iphone wifi I see element device for network connection but unfortunately it is required a 8 digit password. Where can I get Element device password

RE: [CA11] Element Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-13-20 09:49 AM

Ersoy,

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ersoy,

The WiFi communications features of LightHouse Sport v3.10.10 software are limited to performing software updates and communications with Quantum / Quantum 2 radomes. Accordingly, the currently available version of LightHouse Sport software does not presently support the Navionics Boating app. A feature request will be logged to consider support for the Navionics Boating app within a future LightHouse Sport software update. In the interim, waypoints, routes, and tracks may be transferred to the Element displays via microSD card using a GPX file produced by a navigational planning application supporting the GPX waypoint/route/track file format.

Please click here for more information concerning product and feature suggestions.