Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] e95 Speed vs speed over ground - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] e95 Speed vs speed over ground (/showthread.php?tid=9100)

[CA11] e95 Speed vs speed over ground - daknecht - 07-30-19 09:23 PM

I have an e95/i70 on my sailboat with a triducer giving paddlewheel speed to the Seatalk-ng network. I am trying to understand the readings I get for Speed vs. Speed over ground (SOG). SOG is presumably from the GPS. Are there any settings that affect that reading? As to triducer/speed, I see a calibration routine in the Lighthouse 19 software but I can't find a description of the different ways of calibrating, how to do them and what the effect is. Thanks-Dave

RE: [CA11] e95 Speed vs speed over ground - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-31-19 03:24 PM

daknecht,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the differences between SOG and Speed Through Water. STW calibration was never fully implemented with LightHouse II software and only supports the P79S in-hull depth transducer. Calibration of an instrument sensing speed through water must be performed through the instrument which the transducer has been interfaced to unless the transducer has been interfaced to an iTC-5 or is a Smart Transducer. Instead, Smart transducers as well as transducers which have been interfaced to an iTC-5 must be calibrated by an i70S/i70 MFID within the system. Alarms and offsets associated such transducers must also be configured within the i70S/i70 MFIDs. Details for speed through water calibration may be found with 7.3 Speed calibration of the i70S Instrument Installation & Operation Instructions .

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing GPS SOG vs Speed transducer calibration effects.