Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] CPT-S installation clarification. - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] CPT-S installation clarification. (/showthread.php?tid=9203)

[CA11] CPT-S installation clarification. - Niiiad - 08-08-19 07:05 PM

Hello, I'm installing a CPT-S thru-hall on a full keeled sailboat and wanted to verify the direction the transducer should point. The thru-hall is the 12 degree deadfall variant and located starboard in front of the keel.

[Image: IMG_20190808_161913807s.jpg]

On the transducer is an arrow I'm to point towards the keel. The instructions seem to be more for motorboats and show simple v hulls with the transducer pointing to the boat's center line.

[Image: IMG_20190808_161708821s.jpg]

Should I point the transducer to the center line of the boat (1), the start of the keel (2), the end of the keel (3), or somewhere in between?

Thanks!

RE: [CA11] CPT-S installation clarification. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-23-19 12:25 PM

Niiiad,

The reference to keel along with the orienting arrow molded onto the tilted element CPT-S transducer (see below) is a reference to the centerline structural element of traditionally constructed hulls, not to a sailboat's keel which is designed to prevent the boat from being blown sideways by the wind, and aid in righting the sailboat. Accordingly, the tilted element CPT-S transducer should be oriented such that its arrow points to the vessel's centerline (option #1 shown within your photo).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3479]