Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Some info not displayed by pilot controller - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Some info not displayed by pilot controller (/showthread.php?tid=9250)

[CA11] Some info not displayed by pilot controller - JeffTaylor - 08-13-19 10:48 AM

My sailboat came to me with an SP-X30 autopilot computer, an ST7001+ control head, a c125 MFD, and various ST60 instruments. These all work well together, I can plot a route on the MFD and use the MFD to engage or disengage the pilot. The pilot will steer a fixed COG or it will steer to a set wind angle, etc..

The ST7001+ only ever displays "---" for XTE, DTW, BTW, etc. I can find these values on the MFD, but not the ST7001.

There are both Seatalk and Seatalkng networks onboard and I think the general configuration is thus:

ST60 >--(Seatalk)--> MFD >--(Seatalkng)--> SP-X30 >--(Seatalk)--> ST7001+

RE: [CA11] Some info not displayed by pilot controller - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-21-19 03:13 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

The problem reported may in fact be due to the limited data bridging of the early SPX autopilot software. It would accordingly be recommended that you verify that:
- the MFD and SPX autopilots have each been interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

- the MFD's software has been updated to LightHouse II v19.03 ... and if not update accordingly

- the SPX autopilot's software has been updated to v3.05 ... and if not update accordingly via the MFD

- the system should feature a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and its software has been updated to v2.03 ... and if not update accordingly via the MFD

- the ST7001 should be disconnected from the SPX autopilot's SeaTalk port

- the ST7001 and ST60 Instruments should be daisy chained to one another, and then to the SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

RE: [CA11] Some info not displayed by pilot controller - JeffTaylor - 10-06-19 12:37 PM

To follow up, disconnecting the ST7001 from the SP-X30 and connecting it to the other instrument chain solved this issue. Thank you Chuck.

Old:
ST60 >--(Seatalk/Seatalkng converter)--> MFD >--(Seatalkng)--> SP-X30 >--(Seatalk)--> ST7001+

New:
ST60 >--(Seatalk)--> ST7001+ >--(Seatalk/Seatalkng converter)--> MFD >--(Seatalkng)--> SP-X30

RE: [CA11] Some info not displayed by pilot controller - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-07-19 09:57 AM

Noted.