Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Help with equipment selection - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Help with equipment selection (/showthread.php?tid=9255)

[CA11] Help with equipment selection - Ozfish - 08-13-19 07:41 PM

I am getting very serious about buying a Tideline 235 and need help with electronics selection.
While it will spend a lot of time inshore and nearshore there will also be times when I may venture out deep dropping.
I have room for and would like 2 12” Axiom screens, though was wondering what transducer to pair with them to allow me to support fishing at depths to around 800 feet.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Also looking for suggestions on radar and auto pilot to pair with the package.
Thanks

RE: [CA11] Help with equipment selection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-22-19 08:38 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ozfish,

Catamaran hulls, particularly those featuring steps, and are trailered (w/catamaran bunks) can pose a significant challenge for fishfinder transducers. I would be leaning toward a 1kW in-hull (CHIRP or 50kHz/200kHz) for tracking bottom while on plane and while operating depths not supported by a RealVision transducer. If seeking RealVision/SideVision/DownVision/low power-high freq. CHIRP sonar imaging as well as 1kW 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder imagery, then you may want to an A80464 RV-100 for trolling speeds and an A66089 M260 1kW In-hull transducer for all conditions. If seeking RealVision/SideVision/DownVision/low power-high freq. CHIRP sonar imaging as well as 1kW CHIRP fishfinder imagery, then you may want to an A80464 RV-100 for trolling speeds and an A80038 M265 1kW LM CHIRP In-hull transducer for all conditions. With either option listed above, it would be recommended that the 12" Axiom MFDs to be purchased not feature internal fishfinder circuitry (i.e. E70368 Axiom 12 MFDs) and that a RVX-1000 sounder module be used.

With respect to radar recommendations, a RD418HD or RD424HD radome would be recommended for this application to permit the system to support searching for birds ... which in turn aid in locating fish.

With respect to an autopilot recommendation, it would be necessary to know the number of steering rams, their cubic capacity, and whether the rams have been plumbed in series or parallel. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.