Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Wifi Conflict - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Axiom Wifi Conflict (/showthread.php?tid=9259)

[CA11] Axiom Wifi Conflict - will40 - 08-14-19 09:17 AM

I was staying at a marina for the past week that had a public WiFi. We received a password and connected our laptop.

I proceeded to connect my Axiom 9 as always to run a couple of the built-in apps.

Once I connected I was given an error message that the WiFi access point's IP address conflicts with the Raymarine's network. Screenshot attached.

My Quantum radar is hard wired. I do not connect using it's WiFi so I am a bit confused why the error? I spoke briefly to the marina's dockmaster and was told no one has ever complained before and that this is my issue.

I scrolled though some of the setup screens to see if I could change the network on the Axiom and no luck.

Is there a solution to this that I can perform? We will be staying here again and we may also run into this conflict someplace else.

Thanks

William

RE: [CA11] Axiom Wifi Conflict - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-22-19 08:44 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum William,

The reported conflict would have no bearing on communications between Quantum / Quantum 2 radomes and Raymarine MFDs. However, the reported conflict with the marina's WiFi will block access to the Internet, preventing software updates via WiFi and use of Apps within the LightHouse 3 software which are dependent upon Internet access. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing and recommended workarounds for updating software and accessing the Internet.