Raymarine forum
[LW] [LW11] ST60+ graphic NMEA out - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [LW] [LW11] ST60+ graphic NMEA out (/showthread.php?tid=9427)

[LW11] ST60+ graphic NMEA out - tmendast - 09-02-19 08:34 AM

Hello,

have been trying to get supported NMEA sentences out of my ST60+ graphic repeater.
Done so far:
-NMEA out is set ON via usercal ("alarm drive unavailable" was shown)
-bought USB to RS422/485 converter from "US connectors"
-installation of the USB-converter on my computer is verified and ok
-connected the lead NMEA out +/- to Rx+/Rx- of the USB-converter

Result: no data, regardless of the connection of the GND-pin of the converter.

Did some measuring on the ST60+ graphic and observed that the NMEA out+ is stable 10.8V. My conclusion was that as the NMEA out is also used for driving auxiliary alarms there is some kind of on/off switch on the NMEA-. So I connected an artificial load of 1kOhm between the NMEA+ and NMEA- and was able to detect valid NMEA waveforms with my oscilloscope between NMEA- and the grey SeaTalk pin of the graphic display. Did not measure the voltage levels as I thought it would be better to ask you first what is my best option (buying the E85001 is not).

So how can I get the NMEA sentences out of the ST60+ graphic ?
Of the supported sentences I need the MWV (the wind) the most.

I am able to measure, solder and build simple circuits out of discrete components. It would be very helpful to know how the output stage of the ST60+ graphic is designed.
The ST60+ graphic was installed on my boat 2006 as have my all other Ray instruments.

With best regards,
Teijo Tmendast

RE: [LW11] ST60+ graphic NMEA out - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-11-19 03:25 AM

Dear Tmendast,

Thank you for your post.

We have not tested the NMEA convertor you are using, in theory you should receive the NMEA sentences as long as they are supported.

You could try connecting the NMEA out to a MFD display or another receiving device to see if the NMEA out port is working.

We cannot provide any circuit diagrams of any of our products as this is restricted information.

Many Thanks
Louise

RE: [LW11] ST60+ graphic NMEA out - tmendast - 09-13-19 03:24 AM

Thank you for your help.

tmendast

RE: [LW11] ST60+ graphic NMEA out - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-18-19 07:03 AM

You are welcome.