Raymarine forum
[LW] [LW11] ITC-5, Depth Transducer - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [LW] [LW11] ITC-5, Depth Transducer (/showthread.php?tid=9468)

[LW11] ITC-5, Depth Transducer - 9203R - 09-06-19 06:36 AM

Hi,

I recently added an i70s and ITC-5 to my system, which previously consisted of ST60 Speed, ST60 Depth and i60 Wind.

I have connected the Speed and Wind transducer cables to the ITC-5 and am successfully receiving that data on STNG and ST1.

However, whilst I get Depth data on ST1 with the transducer connected to the ST60 Depth, when I connected the transducer cables to the ITC-5 instead I couldn't get any Depth data on STNG or ST1, and the i70s did not show the ITC-5 as a source for Depth.

Is it possible that my depth transducer is compatible with the ST60 but not with the ITC-5? I think it is a pretty standard Airmar one. Anything else I should try? There was a big magnet clipped on to the depth transducer cable, what does that do?

RE: [LW11] ITC-5, Depth Transducer - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-11-19 04:24 AM

Dear 9203R,

Thank you for your post.

What transducers do you have? Are they separate transducers or do you have a triducer?

When the depth transducer is connected to the iTC-5, what are the indicator LEDs flashing or displaying?

The analogue ST60 depth transducer is compatible with the iTC-5. I believe the 'magnet' you are referring to is a suppression ferrite to reduce any interference from RFI or EMI.

You confirm you get depth on your ST60 instrument when directly connected?

Many Thanks
Louise

RE: [LW11] ITC-5, Depth Transducer - 9203R - 10-16-19 07:40 AM

(09-11-19 04:24 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  What transducers do you have? Are they separate transducers or do you have a triducer?

Separate transducers for Wind, Speed and Depth. Need to check the exact model.

(09-11-19 04:24 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  When the depth transducer is connected to the iTC-5, what are the indicator LEDs flashing or displaying?

If I remember correctly, no LEDs, but I will check again

(09-11-19 04:24 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  The analogue ST60 depth transducer is compatible with the iTC-5. I believe the 'magnet' you are referring to is a suppression ferrite to reduce any interference from RFI or EMI.
Thanks.

(09-11-19 04:24 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  You confirm you get depth on your ST60 instrument when directly connected?

Yes, depth was and is reading correctly on the ST60 when directly connected to the transducer

Thanks!

RE: [LW11] ITC-5, Depth Transducer - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-31-19 10:03 AM

Dear 9203R,

Did you check the iTC-5 for the LEDs?

Please email me at support.uk@raymarine.com if you have any further queries.

Many Thanks
Louise