Raymarine forum
[DG] [DG11] E120 MFD will not start - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [DG] [DG11] E120 MFD will not start (/showthread.php?tid=9829)

[DG11] E120 MFD will not start - seeray96 - 10-31-19 11:27 AM

Getting ready to take the boat to winter storage, and turned-on the normal instruments, including (so I thought) the E120. It started, but would proceed only as far as the "Limitations on Use" screen. The "Press OK to continue" took me nowhere. I made sure the E120 was the last device to turn-on, avoiding (I think) a voltage drop.
I've used the E120 for quite a while (years) and never had this happen.

Note: the software is ver 5.69.

RE: [DG11] E120 MFD will not start - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-06-19 10:15 AM

Hi Seeray96

I trust the earlier reply helps
Regards
Derek

RE: [DG11] E120 MFD will not start - seeray96 - 11-21-19 12:41 PM

Hi Derek -
My boat is in winter storage, so a lot of my work on the boat is not done
right away. I tried your recommendation, but got the same results.
What now?
Thanks,

Ray C.

RE: [DG11] E120 MFD will not start - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-22-19 10:31 AM

Dear searay96,

Thank you for your post.

Have you measured the supply voltage with a multimeter to ensure you are getting a healthy and constant 12v supply?

Check all cabling and connectors for any signs of corrosion and breaks.

If all if this seems to be fine, you can send the unit to us for testing, you can book this in online here.

Many Thanks
Louise

RE: [DG11] E120 MFD will not start - seeray96 - 11-22-19 11:27 AM

Thanks, Louise. I'll get to the (storage) marina within a few days and check the supply voltage.

Ray C.

RE: [DG11] E120 MFD will not start - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-25-19 08:08 AM

You are welcome.

RE: [DG11] E120 MFD will not start - seeray96 - 12-15-19 07:15 PM

I checked the voltage to the E120 Classic. It's +13.4VDC.
What's my next step?

RE: [DG11] E120 MFD will not start - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-20-19 10:06 AM

If you are experiencing problems with your A-Series Classic MFD (A50, A50D, A57D, A70, or A70D), C-Series Classic MFD (C70, C80, C120), or E-Series Clasic MFD (E80 or E120 MFD), then performing a Factory Reset may restore operation of the display. The procedure for performing a Factory Reset follows:

1. IMPORTANT: Back Up your waypoints, routes, and tracks to a CF memory card before the Factory Reset.
When a Factory Reset is performed, the action will cause all waypoints, routes, tracks to be erased from the MFD’s memory. Doing so will additionally cause all configuration settings to be restored to the factory default settings. As such, it is recommended that all waypoints, routes, and tracks be archived to a CF memory card prior to resetting the MFD. Following the Factory Reset operation, the waypoints, routes, and tracks may be retrieved from the archive file saved on the CF memory card. It may also be advisable to note any configuration settings that you have modified in order that the display may be reconfigured with these settings after the Factory Reset operation.

2. Reset the display.
If your MFD's menus are accessible, use the “Settings and Data Reset” feature:
--a) Press the MENU key, then scroll down to the "System Setup" option, and toggle the track pad right.
--b) Scroll down to the "Settings and Data Reset" option and toggle the track pad right.
--c) Under the word "Factory Reset?" press the softkey corresponding to YES. The display will restart momentarily.
--d) The display should reboot into normal operating mode.

If your MFD's menus are not accessible, perform use the Power On Reset feature:
--a) Press and hold down the first soft key (next to the power button.)
--b) Keep holding the soft key down while the display reboots. A "Factory Reset" countdown will be displayed. Keep holding the first soft key until the countdown is complete.
--c) The display should reboot into normal operating mode.

Once your display has returned to normal operation you should check its operating software version, and upgrade to the latest version (if applicable). The currently installed version of software is specified within the “Navigational Warning” or “Limitations On Use” dialog which must be acknowledged each time that the MFD is powered on.

Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the MFD be serviced by Raymarine Factory Service Center.

Many Thanks
Louise