Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Downgrading Axiom Lighthouse SW version
11-25-19, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-19 05:48 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Downgrading Axiom Lighthouse SW version
I'm very new to forums so please excuse my questions, i hope someone can exist. I have a Grand Banks cruiser with a 9" and 12" Axiom screens, and old 400G autopilot and various old Ray marine instruments. I installed the system a few years ago when Axiom was released, along with 3 non Ray IP cameras. All worked very well until i upgraded to the newest 3.11.42, and the cameras went dead. I can log into the cameras via a PC sitting on the switch in the boat, so i know the cameras are OK. I have played with the camera settings but have come to the conclusion that I should try to go back to an earlier SW version (I don't really need the latest features, I prefer the cameras operating)
So here's the question, I have found on the Raymarine website a file entitled "raymarine_axiom_upgrade-3.8.105.img", am i able to load this file into my Axiom master and go back to this software version? Being an .img file i'm assuming it is a backup file (image)
If not, is this software available from Raymarine?

Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-19, 09:43 PM
RE: [TG11] Downgrading Axiom Lighthouse SW version
Hello Bob,

There's nothing that I am aware of that's changed that should have stopped 3rd-party cameras working, though we don't officially support them.
I was on a boat recently that had non-Raymarine IP cameras in that case the problem seemed to be nothing more than incompatible IP setup - the cameras were on a 192.168.something when they needed to be within 10.0.0.0 to 10.31.254.254 to work with our system. I believe that the installers fixed the IP addressing and they worked ok after that.

We don't generally recommend downgrading software but that downgrade should be safe: you can install that .img file via the start-up recovery mode. Instructions on how to reach that are described in the Advanced Operation Instructions, see the section on Power-On Reset.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
11-26-19, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-19 11:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Downgrading Axiom Lighthouse SW version
Thanks for your help Tom, I'll try the address range you suggest

Bob