Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] axiom gps
01-02-20, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-20 10:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] axiom gps
when i replace my c80 system and replace with axiom can i remove my old gps?
is gps built into new axiom ? thanks
john r
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-20, 11:10 AM
RE: [CA11] axiom gps
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing when an external GPS sensor may be required. C-Series Classic MFDs were designed for use with GPS sensors which had either a SeaTalk or NMEA 0183 communications interface. While Axiom MFDs neither have a SeaTalk nor a NMEA 0183 communications interface, GPS sensors which were designed for use with C-Series Classic MFDs may be adapted for use with Axiom MFDs via an E22158 SeaTalk1 & SeaTalkng converter Kit or a NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1, etc.) respectively. It would not be recommended that one removes an operational GPS sensor until one has identified that the installation location of MFD providing satisfactory GPS performance. One of the best means of making such a determination is to examine the HDOP value reported within the MFD's GPS Status dialog following installation. An installation permitting satisfactory GPS signal reception will typically permit the MFD to report an HDOP of 1.0 or less (lower is better) and will not experience any indeterminacy with respect to loss of GPS FIX or reduced accuracy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply