Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] cable adapters
01-14-20, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-20 03:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] cable adapters
Can I connect my Raymarine Axiom Pro S to either a B122 or B744v transducer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-20, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-20 05:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] cable adapters
Johnny,

Please note that the internal fishfinder circuitry of an Axiom Pro S MFD is exclusively designed to support use with one of Raymarine's CPT-S transducers. Third party transducers cannot be modified for use with the internal fishfinder circuitry of an Axiom Pro S MFD.

The product name (ex. B319 B260, B744V, P66, P79, etc.) identifies a family of transducers rather than a single transducer, each of which is designed for a specific manufacturer and fishfinder or instrument product offered by that manufacturer. You have indicated that Airmar PN# 31-289-3-01 is associated with your B744V transducer. The Airmar pn# for the B122 transducer is 33-177-03. Airmar's transducer cross reference identifies that the 31-289-3-01 variant of the B744V is specifically designed for use with Furuno products. As indicated within the FAQ found here, Raymarine does not support adapting transducers which were designed for use with third party fishfinding products to instead be used with Raymarine fishfinding products. Airmar's transducer cross reference came up empty for information regarding the 33-177-03 variant of the B122 transducer. It would be recommended that Gemeco, Inc. (Airmar’s US distributor (803 693 0777)) be contacted for more information about the B122 transducer.

If seeking use of a B744 style transducer, then the currently installed B744V transducer should be replaced with Raymarine's A66091 B744V Transducer and an Axiom Pro RVX MFD should be used instead of an Axiom Pro S MFD. Unlike an Axiom Pro S MFD, the A66091 B744V Transducer may be adapted (part #A80496) to be mated to the 1kW Transducer socket of an Axiom Pro RVX MFD. The A66091 B744V Transducer should match up with the existing shaft and anti-rotation holes which had been drilled for the currently installed B744V transducer. If not seeking to replace the Axiom Pro S MFD, then the A66091 B744V Transducer may be mated to a CP370 Fishfinder Sounder Module which in turn may be networked to the MFD via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
01-17-20, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-20 09:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
What is the difference between the Pro S and the Pro RVX?also,is there a price difference?
01-17-20, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-20 09:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Johnny,

Deciding whether to purchase an Axiom Pro S MFD instead of an Axiom Pro RVX MFD will typically be based upon the depth of waters fished and/or the type of fishfinder sonar imaging desired. More information concerning the Axiom Pro MFDs may be found with Raymarine's Axiom Pro MFD web pages. Axiom Pro S MFDs and Axiom Pro RVX MFDs differ in the type of internal fishfinder circuitry which is built into the MFD. Axiom Pro S MFDs are constructed with internal low power / high frequency conical CHIRP sonar circuitry which will exclusively support processing sonar imagery from CPT-S transducer. The maximum depth supported by transducers supporting low power / high frequency conical CHIRP sonar are specified within the FAQ found here. In contrast, Axiom Pro RVX MFD are equipped with a pair of transducer sockets which in turn are interfaced to two set of fishfinder circuitry within the MFD. One of the Axiom Pro RVX MFD's transducer sockets is designed to be interfaced to a RealVision Transducer(s). When interfaced to such, the Axiom Pro RVX MFD will support RealVision, DownVision, SideVision, and low power / high frequency conical CHIRP sonar imaging. The Axiom Pro RVX MFD's second transducer socket is designed to be interface to a compatible high power (1kW, 2kW, or 3kW) CHIRP sonar transducer(s) to support deep water operation and enhanced imaging associated with higher power transducer. This same transducer socket of the Axiom Pro RVX MFD may alternatively be adapted to be mated to a compatible 50kHz / 200kHz fishfinder transducer such as the A66091 B744V Transducer indicated within my previous response.

As was suggested within my initial response, additional types of sonar imaging / performance may be added to any model of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD by interfacing the MFD to a compatible fishfinder sounder module (ex. RVX1000, CP100, CP200, CP370, CP470, CP570) supporting the desired type of sonar imaging / performance or compatible MFD having internal fishfinder circuitry (ex. Axiom DV MFD, Axiom RV MFD, Axiom Pro RVX MFD) supporting the desired type of sonar imaging / performance, which in turn has been interfaced to a compatible transducer(s).
01-21-20, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-20 02:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Since I already purchased the Pro S,my options are buying the sonar module and a transducer or just buy one of your newer transducers like the RV-212?
01-21-20, 02:07 PM
Johnny,

Q1. Since I already purchased the Pro S,my options are buying the sonar module and a transducer
A1. This is indeed one option.

Q2. or just buy one of your newer transducers like the RV-212?
A2. While it is possible to interface the Axiom Pro S MFD directly to a fishfinder transducer, it may not be interfaced directly to a RealVision transducer ... RV transducers may be interfaced to a RVX1000 RealVision Sonar Module which in turn may be interfaced to the Axiom Pro S MFD's Ethernet (RayNet) communications interface. Alternatively, the Axiom Pro S MFD may be interfaced directly to any of the CPT-S transducers found here.
01-21-20, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-20 02:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
what is the difference between the cpt-120 and cpt-s?Are they the same cutout size as my current B744v?How is the realvision transducer different than the CPT's?
01-21-20, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-20 02:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Johnny,

Q. What is the difference between the cpt-120 and cpt-s?Are they the same cutout size as my current B744v?How is the realvision transducer different than the CPT's?
A. As indicated within their product names, the CPT-110 and CPT-120 are DownVision transducers. DownVision transducers will support both low power/high frequency CHIRP conical sonar imaging and DownVision sonar imaging when interfaced to a compatible fishfinding product. Axiom Pro S MFDs are not designed to support being interfaced directly to a DownVision transducer. However, should the DownVision transducer be interfaced to a CP100 DownVision Sonar Module, then the CP100 may in turn be interfaced to the Axiom Pro S MFD's Ethernet (RayNet) communications interface.

Only the transducers featuring "CPT-S" in their products name with the previously linked CP100 Transducers web page may be connected to the Transducer socket of an Axiom Pro S MFD.

Each type of transducer (CPT-S, DownVision, SideVision, RealVision, 50kHz/200kHz, or high power CHIRP) will provide different types of sonar imaging (low power/high frequency CHIRP, DownVision, SideVision, RealVision, 50kHz/200kHz, or high power CHIRP) and different types of depth performance when interfaced to a compatible fishfinding product. Within the screen snapshot below, low power/high frequency CHIRP appears in the upper left pane, RealVision 3D appears in the upper right pane, DownVision appears in the lower left pane, and SideVision appears in the lower right pane:
[Image: rvx1000-all-in-one-sonar.jpg]

Within the screen snapshot below, 50kHz/200kHz sonar imaging is shown:
[Image: screencaptures.jpg]

Within the screen snapshot below, high power CHIRP sonar imaging is shown:
[Image: customise.jpg]
01-21-20, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-20 08:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So what are my transducer options without having to buy the sonar MODULE?CPT-S(E70340)?
01-22-20, 08:19 AM
Johnny,

As indicated within my prior responses, any of the CPT-S Transducers listed on the web page which I had linked to in my prior response (including the E70340 CPT-S (Bronze) 12° CHIRP Sonar Transducer) may be directly connected to an Axiom Pro S MFD's Transducer socket (i.e. no sonar module is required). However, an A80490 Adaptor Cable (25 pin to 9 pin) will be required to complete the connection.