Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Multiple MFD Installation
01-27-20, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-20 05:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Multiple MFD Installation
I am adding a 3rd MFD into my network and want to ensure that this will function correctly and allow the main display unit (data master) to display either conventional sonar with the B744 or Real Vision with the networked RV-212 transducers. I would have ideally liked to connect both transducers to the master with a Y connector, but due to the boat's layout it will be a simpler wiring task to run the RV-212 to one of the slave units, which is also an Axiom RV model.

All will certainly be running the same version of Lighthouse III. Just looking for a sanity check to ensure this would be OK. Other onboard equipment (Quantum, Evolution, etc not shown)

Thanks,

Mike

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-20, 12:57 PM
RE: [CA11] Multiple MFD Installation
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

All that need be done to interface the additional MFD to the system would be to connect it to the system's HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
01-28-20, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-20 02:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you, will eliminate the Seatalk ng run. Appreciated!

Mike
01-28-20, 02:37 PM
You're welcome.