Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly powers on
06-09-16, 12:01 PM
Dragonfly powers on
I just installed a Dragonfly 5 pro, why does the Dragonfly 5 power on when I turn on the battery isolator switch?

Also, I just did the chart (Navionics) software upgrade - so many files are now on the chip - which one do I select?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-16, 12:36 PM
RE: Dragonfly powers on
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brian,

The reported behavior will occur because Dragonfly displays are have a last power state memory feature. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
07-01-16, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-16 08:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck - The description in that FAQ is not what I find on my DF5Pro. At the end of a fishing outing, I typically erase temporary waypoints and tracks, then power down while still out on the water. My DF is installed on my kayak with no other electronics. When I get home, I unplug the battery completely from the circuit and charge it up. Then when preparing to leave on my next outing, I plug the battery back in, the DF automatically restarts - ALWAYS - even though it was manually powered down prior to disconnecting the battery. Kind of a nuisance having to remember to manually shut it off before driving away from home every time. Seems contrary to the behavior described in your FAQ. Is this normal?
07-05-16, 08:45 AM
Jim_MI,

While the original Dragonfly 6/7 display function as described within the previously referenced FAQ, the new Dragonfly 4/5/7 displays to not appear to presently support the last power state memory feature. A feature request will be logged to consider adding this feature to the Dragonfly 4/5/7 displays via a future Dragonfly software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions..