Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea Talk multiple equipments
06-13-16, 10:26 AM
Sea Talk multiple equipments
I would like to know which exact Components will need to make a setalk interface between the following equipments :
1. Multidisplay A67 with transducer
2. Multidisplay A78 with radar and transducer ( T70228 )
3. Auto pilot EV-200
4. Mercury NMEA 2000 Gateway

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-16, 03:48 PM
RE: Sea Talk multiple equipments
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Paulo,

As all boat differ with respect to their cable routing requirements, cable lengths and their corresponding part number cannot be specified. As the a6x and a7x feature only one Ethernet Network communications interface and three devices (2 MFDs and radar) will need to be networked via Ethernet, an A80007 HS5 RayNet Network Switch will need to be installed. Each MFD will need to be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The radome or open array pedestal will need to be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch as well. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the latter.

A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone having six spur sockets will need to be installed to interface the Data Master MFD, Evolution Autopilot Components (p70/p70R, ACU-200, EV-1 Sensor Core), Engine Gateway, and SeaTalkng Power Cable as spurs. The Evolution Autopilots are shipped with a basic backbone kit consisting of the following components which may be used to create a SeaTalkng backbone 5m in length having four SeaTalkng spur sockets:
- SeaTalkng Power Cable
- (2) SeaTalkng Termination Plugs
- 400mm SeaTalkng Spur Cable
- SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector
- SeaTalkng T-Piece

Additional spur sockets may be added by extending the backbone with additional backbone cable(s) and SeaTalkng T-Pieces and/or SeaTlakng 5-Way Connectors. Please click here to view information concerning the available SeaTalkng networking components.

It is recommended that Mercury Marine be contacted for the gender of its DeviceNet plug (likely male). A SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Adapter or SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (M) Adapter will be used to interfaced the Mercury Engine Gateway as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone.
06-14-16, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-16 09:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So my diagram should be something like this?
06-14-16, 09:12 AM
Paulo,

With respect to creation of the SeaTalkng backbone and interfacing the products, the only comment change which I would recommend is that SeaTalkng Power Cable be interfaced to a spur socket that is located at the approximate mid-point of the backbone's LEN load. It should additionally be noted that the ACU-200's SeaTalkng power switch should be configured to the off position.

With respect to Ethernet networking, the MFDs will not be able to share cartography, radar imagery, fishfinder imagery, or waypoint/route/track data with one another when installed per your diagram. Please refer to my initial response regarding installation of a HS5 RayNet Network Switch and then interfacing the MFDs and radome to the network switch.
06-14-16, 05:58 PM
Chuck, thanks so much for your help. I made a few changes in my diagram, can you give me your comments?
06-14-16, 08:00 PM
Diagram
06-15-16, 07:44 AM
Paulo,

Your latest diagram incorrectly shows a cable connecting the HS5 RayNet Network Switch to the p70R ... this cable should be removed from your diagram. The p70R should only be interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable as indicated within your diagram.
06-16-16, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-16 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, I removed the cable.
06-17-16, 10:01 AM
Your diagram now appears to be correct.
06-19-16, 11:10 PM
Great Chuck, and if I add a Vhf, is this diagram correct?