Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corrupted file in software download
07-02-16, 02:01 PM
Corrupted file in software download
Okay, I downloaded the A98 update that begins with R17. Unzip place in 8 GB mini card and place in actual unit. Start get to updates and the unit reviews files and uploads. Comes back corrupt file.
Okay reload file from raymarine site again and go through the unzip process again. Same thing happens

Anyone got any advice?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-16, 10:41 AM
RE: Corrupted file in software download
Rddocatt2015,

What version of software is presently installed within the MFD? Are you inserting the microSD memory card containing the software update files into the MFD's memory card reader after responding the the MFD's limitations of use dialog?
07-05-16, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-16 07:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck was 13 something and going to newest at 17 something.
Problem was windows 10 and a 64 GB card. went to 16 GB micro card and windows 7 on laptop. worked fine then to unload and download
Thanks Rick
07-06-16, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-16 07:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rick,

I would recommend that the problem was not the result of any incompatibility with Windows 10. I would recommend that the problem resulted from use of an incompatible microSD memory card. The a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are designed for use with microSD memory cards up to 32GB. Use of a 64GB microSD memory card would violate this constraint.