Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST60 Tridata in repeater mode
08-10-16, 10:02 PM
ST60 Tridata in repeater mode
I have two ST60 Tridata displays connected with seatalk cables (also with Wind and autopilot). Speed and Depth transducers are connected to one, and the other is in repeater mode. Everything basically works fine, except ...

- I am able to calibrate the temperature (and other readings) on the master without problem.

- I cannot calibrate the temperature on the Repeater (nor other readings).

- I cannot change the Speed mode to "yes" on the repeater (perhaps not a surprise as no transducer is connected).

My problem is that the temperature display on the repeater is ~5 degrees different from the master. I suspect that the unit I am using as a repeater (I bought it used) has some previous calibration settings for temperature that I cannot change unless it is directly connected to a transducer.

Is this true? Is there anything I can do to allow me to have the temperatures match?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-16, 03:02 PM
RE: ST60 Tridata in repeater mode
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum walmsleyc,

It is recommended that the repeater Tridata display be configured to the Factory Default settings (see page 41 of the ST60 Tridata Owner's Manual) via the Dealer Cal options. After doing so, the repeater Tridata display should be configured to be a repeater for both Depth and Speed (see page 35 of the ST60 Tridata Owner's Manual).
08-15-16, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-16 09:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I will try that.

I presume that setting back to Factory Defaults will remove any leftover calibrations.

Chris
08-16-16, 09:02 AM
Chris,

Q: I presume that setting back to Factory Defaults will remove any leftover calibrations.
A: Correct.
08-16-16, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-16 08:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
After doing a factory reset and then disabled "Depth" mode, the Tridata repeated all data correctly, including the temperature.

Thanks.
08-17-16, 08:22 AM
You're welcome.