Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A98 set up
02-01-17, 08:58 AM
A98 set up
I have recently installed a A98 with a CPT 100DVS transducer. How can I be sure that this transducer is selected on the sounder unit as it does not show under the transducer set up page. Also how can I be sure that the chirp is actually working other than the screen showing the bottom.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-17, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-17 11:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: A98 set up
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rude,

The Transducer Selection feature does not apply to the Sonar and DownVision features associated with the internal CHIRP (conical) sonar / DownVision sonar circuitry of the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 CHIRP (conical) / DownVision Sonar Module ... hence the Fishfinder application of your system is not providing a Transducer Selection option. When using the Fishfinder application with a system such as yours, Selection of Sonar will display imaging from the CHIRP (conical) element of the interfaced CHIRP/DownVision transducer and Selection of DownVision will display imaging from the Downvision element of the CHIRP/DownVision transducer. Should a plot be generated, then the system would be determined to be operational. Additionally, should the vessel be located in the water and the water's depth below the transducer be at least 3 feet, then the Depth data item should display a value rather than -.-.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply