Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M232
04-26-17, 08:59 AM
M232
Hello,

We are considering adding the M232 to our vessel. We have a e125 at the Helm running the latest lighthouse 2, and c125 at the Nav running the latest lighthouse 2. I understand, lighthouse 3 update should be available for our MFD's sometime this summer. Can we currently add the M232 and use it with lighthouse 2 or do we have to wait for lighthouse 3. Additionally I have read that the axiom gives additional features and alarms for floating objects via clear cruise... do we have to add an axiom MFD to the network to get these features and will they be able to be displayed on the e125 and c125?

Thanks,
Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-17, 03:46 PM
RE: M232
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Q1. Can we currently add the M232 and use it with lighthouse 2 or do we have to wait for lighthouse 3.
A1. Prior to the release of LightHouse 3 software for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, the IP camera would be responded to as a simple IP camera whose video would be accessible via the MFD's Camera app rather than the MFD's Thermal Camera. Any control of the camera (pointing or accessing its menus) would require that a a JCU be networked to the M232.

Q2. Additionally I have read that the axiom gives additional features and alarms for floating objects via clear cruise... do we have to add an axiom MFD to the network to get these features and will they be able to be displayed on the e125 and c125?
A2. Following the release of LightHouse 3 software for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, the ClearCruise features which you have referenced will be supported by the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs.
04-27-17, 10:36 AM
Thank you for the reply... a couple of additional questions on the M232... On an earlier thread you mentioned certain FLIR branded cameras will need additional configuration (IP Config changes) does that apply to the M232 as well? And I'm reading into this that I will need a splitter to have the Helm and Nav MFD's both have access and control to the camera. What is the procedure for interfacting the e and c series video connector to the TCP/IP interface from the M232?

Tony
04-27-17, 02:59 PM
Tony,

For a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs operating with v19.03 or later, the MFD will support DHCP, eliminating the need for assigning a static IP address to the thermal camera. Accordingly, should your MFDs have been updated with this software, then no reconfiguration of the camera or JCU should be necessary to establish communications. The 200 Series Thermal Camera need simply be interfaced to power and to the marine electronics system's Ethernet network.

Unlike the analog camera video output of prior FLIR thermal camera designs, the IP video produced by FLIR's 100 & 200 Series Thermal cameras will be available to each of the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which have been interfaced to the marine electronics system's Ethernet network without need for a video splitter.