Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smarter SD Card Software Update
05-14-17, 09:05 PM
Smarter SD Card Software Update
Hi Chuck,

I recently updated my MFDs to 19.03. The update went smoothly but the SD card process is a bit cumbersome if, lime me, you like to keep a card in the MFD for waypoint and other data storage. The problem is that the MFD automatically installs whatever software is in the root directory of the card without any user interventions so after the update, the card must be removed, installed in a computer, the files moved to a subdirectory, and the card re-installed in the MFD. I would like to suggest the following:

1. If an SD card contains a software update that's either down-rev'd or the same version as currently installed on the MFD, the MFD should ask the user if they want to install it.

2. If the user doesn't respond to the prompt within 5-10 seconds, the MFD should ignore the software update and boot from the currently installed software.

3. Upon a successful software install, it would be very nice if the MFD would automatically create a dedicated subdirectory on the SD card and move the software update files from the root directory into the subdirectory.

All of the above would allow the user to download a software update onto an SD card, perform the update, and leave the SD card in place for future use without having to remove the card, move files using a separate PC, and re-install the card in the MFD.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-17, 12:49 PM
RE: Smarter SD Card Software Update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Istream,

Thanks for the MFD software update feature suggestions. Corresponding feature requests will be logged accordingly.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
05-15-17, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-17 04:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, Chuck.
05-15-17, 04:02 PM
You're welcome.