Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spares for ST7000
06-20-17, 03:04 PM
Spares for ST7000
I have an ST7000 autopilot control unit with a type 300 12V course computer and a Raytheon type 2 long M81132 linear drive and a Raymarine C120 chartplotter.
We plan to sail across the Pacific and want to have a complete set of spares for the autopilot.
It looks like I can still buy the M81132 linear drive, but the control unit and course computer are no longer available.
Is there a course computer and control unit available for purchase that would work with my M81132 linear drive and C120 chartplotter? (I have ST60+ tridata and ST60+ wind instruments and a raytheon fluxgate compass in case that matters)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-17, 02:47 PM
RE: Spares for ST7000
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Guy,

Unfortunately, none of Raymarine's currently manufactured autopilot control heads and course computers are compatible with the Type 300 autopilot course computer. If seeking a new autopilot which would be compatible with the currently installed Type 2 Linear Drive, then the T70161 Evolution EV-400 Sail. A SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter would added to the backbone linking the Evolution EV-400 components to permit the Evolution autopilot to be interface with the currently installed SeaTalk bus to which the other Raymarine devices which you have listed are in turn interfaced to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply