Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk network to PC running Time Zero
07-16-17, 02:19 PM
Seatalk network to PC running Time Zero
Hi, I have a reasonably new Raymarine network using seatalk nag with plotter, ais, wind, depth, autopilot. The plotter is a newer C125 with wifi built in. I also have TimeZero Navigator running on a PC, connected to the network via a serial cable. Since running a lighthouse update the data to the PC has stopped. I changed the serial to USB convert or but no change. Is there a box that plugs into the seatalk ng terminal block and outputs network data in NMEA format to USB? Since the original method of data transfer stopped for some reason I have since taken the ais USB output and connected that to the PC - it works but only gives the ais data so am missing the depth and wind speed. Please advise the best (most reliable way to get the network data to the USB on the PC. I have read about the E85001 interface but when searching on the Raymarine website doesn't appear.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-17, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-17 03:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Seatalk network to PC running Time Zero
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gerry,

The E85001 PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module was retired several years ago.

Should the MFD's NMEA 0183 Port 1 be directly connected to the serial to USB adapter and should the navigational software application be configured for 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications, and should the problem persist, then Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the MFD's NMEA 0183 Port 1 may be tested. With respect to SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 to USB interfaces, it is recommended that you verify whether the navigational software application supports NMEA 2000 communications. If so, then you may want to consider installation of a third party SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 to USB adapter (ex. Actisense NGT-1, etc.). If not, then SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 to NMEA 0183 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG may be interfaced to a serial data cable which in turn may be interfaced to the serial to USB adapter. The performance of Serial to USB adapters vary greatly when used for such purposes. Raymarine has historically recommended use of SeaLevel's Model 2105R to interface NMEA 0183 devices to PCs running navigation software applications.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply