Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Fix on GPS
08-07-17, 02:18 PM
No Fix on GPS
My RL70C MFD shows "no fix". I have unhooked the GPS terminal under the helm and disengaged the batteries. The reboot button on the MFD doesn't seem to do anything. I am as green as they come with this big boat instrumentation and don't know what else to troubleshoot. I don't want to put a lot of money into repairing out of date or obsolete equipment. Any help on what to troubleshoot and advice on what to replace old equipment with in the event its not worth repair. I will not be a "heavy" user of a lot of the features. I'm already having to replace my VHF. I know some of this stuff works together and want to ensure that continues to happen with whatever I buy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-17, 09:38 AM
RE: No Fix on GPS
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum WeeksEnd,

Should the RL70C be operational with respect to having a functional Raychart reader (i.e. permits you to view detailed cartography when a C-Map chart card is present within the display's Raychart) and its radar features are operational, and the problem is limited to addressing a GPS sensor failure (i.e. NO FIX / NO GPS), then it would be recommended that the GPS sensor be replaced with a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply