Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MFD wish list
03-15-16, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-16 10:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
MFD wish list
Hi,

I've just started preparing to install an eS75 and a EV100 after using a third party MFD last season. The autopilot integration is great, but it could use some improvements, as could the Lighthouse interface. I'd love to some of these in a future release.

Autopilot Control
- Add the ability initiate wind vane mode
- Initiate a tack
- +- 10 degrees
- Ability To turn off confirmation dialogs

Lighthouse
- Night mode/auto dimming
- Custom data layouts - give me more flexibility in layout in the data app
- Display battery voltage from dc input (maybe a hardware limitation?)
- Easier auto routing - let me touch a spot on the map and choose easy route. Done.
- Ask to save or delete an easy route when it stops. I don't normally want keep these around.
- Edit routes by dragging waypoints
- Hide waypoints in a route if the route is hidden. I end up with tons of waypoints all over the maps. I really don’t want to see these unless I’m following the route.

Mobile
- Allow touch control from iPhone app (The last third party MFD I used did it.)
- Add autopilot controls
- Keep connection open when I leave the app and then come back to it. Or make connecting faster.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-16, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-16 09:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: MFD wish list
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sbender,

Thanks for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, Mobile Apps, and Evolution AP feature suggestions. These will be logged accordingly.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
04-03-16, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-16 10:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Would like to second request for displaying voltage supplied to the MFD (e7D in my case). I don't have a NEMA 2000 engine and probably never will, so that's not an option. There is an option for Batt1 and Batt2, but I'm assuming you need a NEMA2K sensor on the batteries for that, plus that's different information than voltage at the MFD.

This feature was available on some of the third party I've used, sure would be nice to have it.

Rob

Rob Franks
Catalina 310 #31
Santa Cruz, CA
04-03-16, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-16 10:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
+1 on the remove confirmation dialog for Waypoint Advance Alarms for the autopilot. Third party products allow the autopilot to turn without confirmation. As for a "Safety Issue" it far more of a safety issue to have to take your eyes off the water at 30MPH to look at the MFD to click an acknowledgement for the vessel to turn.
04-04-16, 10:29 AM
Noted.
12-18-16, 04:49 PM
I would like to second the request to add night mode (red colour pallet) to lighthouse, input voltage monitoring and autopilot control on mobile app.
12-19-16, 08:54 AM
Noted.