Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk HS Switch Diagnostics
08-22-17, 03:39 PM
Seatalk HS Switch Diagnostics
I'm currently experiencing a problem with my E120 network. I have 2 E120s and a DSM300 all connected to a Seatalk HS Switch. Today while at the boat my secondary screen came up with a no master warning. I noticed that my master screen wasn't seeing either the DSM300 nor the slave E120. I checked my HS switch and none of the network lights were on at any of the Ethernet ports. I tried changing ports and still nothing. I verified power and ground to the switch which I had.

Other than this is there any other diagnostics I can perform on the HS switch or is it safe to assume the switch is bad? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-17, 04:01 PM
RE: Seatalk HS Switch Diagnostics
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum KnotEnoughBills,

Please click here to view a related FAQ which include information on troubleshooting SeaTalkhs communications. In this case, it would be recommended the SeaTalkhs Devices be listed on the non-Data Master MFD. Should neither MFD see one another or the DSM and should is be verified that the switch is powered, then it would be recommended that the SeaTalkhs Network Switch be replaced with a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. The currently installed SeaTalkhs cables may be adapted (part #A80247) to be mated to the Ethernet ports of the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply